Tuesday, March 3, 2009

oi from me :)

Hey so its been a VERY long time since I last posted. In all honesty, it is mostly because nothing has happened in my life....and I kind of forgot I had it. So basically Brazil was amazing, check out my facebook for pics, christmas was fun, and semester #2 has sucked. So lets start out with Maria and Jeffrey.
So over thanksgiving break (Brazil for me), those two got hooked up and then over christmas break they basically got engaged. She says that they arent engaged until she has the ring on her finger, but lets face it....they are engaged. Its really exciting! and I totally called it, but the sucky part is that this semester we roomed together.....it was going to be so much fun! I mean, major excitment all the days through, planning trips to the UK because Obama is president, and road trips to Cali in the summer.....yeah but then she went and got engaged and I get to suffer the loneliness that is the single friend, early. I mean, I knew it would always happen, even before I met Maria, but the fact that it happened in my second semester of college where my friend pool is very toddler sized.....all I'm saying is that this semester has been suckily lonely. My mom has forbidden me from going home because I've been doing it every other weekend this semester....I see nothing wrong with that. I mean, there have been things to come home for....I think there is only one weekend where I came home just because. You cant blame me for wanting to be around people who love me, but by the sounds of it I dont even have that anymore. Jk love ya. blah, I'm being selfishly annoying.

But beyond that drama, I've been ok. I'm loving history and wanting to focus more on it. I've always loved other cultures and archeology and jazz, so I've decided I want to become an Anthropologist. Of course, I tried to hide it from my mom. She is a very logically pessamistic person who wants the best for me....so yeah, she got really mad when I told her that this is what I want to do with my life. She was saying how such a dead end major history is and how only genius's can get anywhere with it.....yeah that one hurt. She wants me to go back to my original plan of becoming a physical therapist and study exercise physiology.....my problem is this kind of major includes a lot of math, chemistry and other things that I completely suck at. I mean, come on! At least I understand history and I'm fascinated by it. Anyways, I'm looking at options; trying to find a way to get what I want while making my mom realize that it's a secure way of life. Yeah, by the looks of it I might have to modify either my study habits or my life. Blah, work in progress. I dunno, maybe I'll be a geologist. hahahah.

But something good that has come from this whole semesters venture is that I want/need to become a more independent person. I want to live on my own, pay for all of my own stuff, live my own life. So my thought process (help me fix it if necessary) is that I'll pay off all of my debts with some of the money from my college fund and then just save up everything I earn for the next year and a half. By then I'll have to pay for my own education, which is like a year and a half to two years of school......$4800.....I'll be able to pay for each semester as I go. By the time I graduate, I hope to be completely independent and living by myself somewhere, working and building up the money needed before I can go back to school and get my ph.d. and then I can graduate and live my life the way I want. Yeah, I know....not exactly well planned out, but I think that if you have a base of a goal you can accomplish it. I guess I could take an easy way out by marrying a really rich guy or becoming an actor. yeah that would be nice.

Yeah, basically my life. I'm pretty bummed right now. Just stupid petty things/hormones/yadiyadi.....but explains the abundance of downness in my writing voice. Pretty pathetic post, but what the hey, it's my so called life :)

No comments: